Ok, so I did this whole tag thing ( I've been putting it off because I knew it would take some time) and I pushed the wrong button and lost the whole thing!!!!!!!! Classic me I am afraid. Although, it's been a while since I have done something like this. I was starting to think I was not as computer challenged as I used to be. Guess somethings never change.
I will give you the abridged version of what I wrote earlier:
What was I doing 10 years ago:
Blake and I were going to BSU (this was before the Fiesta Bowl and it was still called "Bozo U". It kind of cracks me up, all these dedicated BSU fans now that would hardly admit they attended there 10 yrs ago.) We were living in a tiny apt. on Rose Hill Ave. Behind the Old Boise Depot. I was in my last semester of Nursing School, and working at Elk's Rehab as a CNA. Blake was working for Wright Bro. Const. and finishing his Const. Mgmt. Degree. We thought our lives were SOOO busy, and nievely thought that everything would slow down once we were done with school. It's now that I realize how great we had it. How simple our lives were then. I often think that if I could be as organized as I am now, after having 3 kids, and have that same "simple" life, I could conquer the world!!!!!!(those of you laughing at the thought that I am actually more organized now than then, didn't know me then!!!).
5 things on my todo list today:
1. write this tag (AGAIN!)
2. Fold laundry
3. Read a book to Sam (he is not feeling well today. He is asleep on the couch, exhausted at 11am)
4. Figure out what I am feeding the missionaries tonight. (any ideas???) I told Blake, that I have no problem with cooking dinner everynight, it's the figuring out what to cook that I have such a hard time with.
5. See if they still have strawberry and chocolate marshmallows at Target ( I can only find them certain times of the year, and only at Target) per mom's request. They are so good in rice krispie treats or for roasting. YUM!
Snacks I enjoy:
Great! Just what I am NOT trying to think about. To me my downfall is snacking. Any snack is a good snack! I usually do great until about 3pm, and then I just need a snack. Hostess Zinger's and Tiger Tails are my weakness, so I absolutely can not have them in the house. Lately, I have been craving pistachios, and tapioca pudding. Never together, but now that I think about it I will have to try that!
What would I do if I bacame a millionare:
Unlike Sara, and Emily, I never really dreamed of winning the Sweepstakes or the lottery. How Lame!!! I know. Like eveyone else, I have learned how fast we can burn through a million dollars these days. If I did become a millionare I think I would do the practicle things with it like pay off the house, invest, and buy my VOLVO (admitting this seals the deal on how lame I really am. Just remember... you asked). After that I would want to travel. But I would want to travel with a purpose. Take my kids to places with history, and meaning, and take them places that would show them how blessed they are. I recently read "Three Cups of Tea" and have a new appreciation for what we can accomplish when we commit to helping others. Our family started a "Pennies for Peace" jar with spare change. I think Blake was alittle taken back by how this book affected me, and my meger effort to help, and teach our children to help children in the middle East. But for Valentine's Day, he surprised me by putting the money he had set aside for a gift, into my little jar. (AHHHHH). What an amazing man! THanks for supporting me!
3 Bad Habits:
1. Chewing on my fingernails.
3. Having a great idea and not following through on it.
5 Places I have lived:
1. Twin Falls, Idaho (current)
2. Anchorage, Alaska
3. Portland, Oregon
4. Boise, Idaho
5. Nampa, Idaho
5 jobs I have had:
1. Nurse on PCU at Providence MC in Anchorage
2. Nurse at MVRMC in Twin Falls
3. Nurse on Telemetry Floor at St. Lukes Boise ( my favorite place to work ever!)
4. CNA at Elks Rehab Hospital
5. "Big Burrito" at Taco John's ( I still have dreams I am working there, weird I know)
5 things People don't know about me ( this one is Hard!)
1. I get "vertigo" in high places. I actually get dizzy and feel like the floor or ground is falling out from under me.
2. I would rather have a baby than go to the Dentist!
3. I have never been able to donate blood because I am always anemic. That it until last week. I was so proud of myself! Blake and I met to donate for an eagle project in our stake. We had a race to see who could finish first. I won! He finished in 6 min. 11 sec. and I smoked him with 5 min. 4 sec.
That's all the things I could come up with for this question. That was fun, but took way too long! maybe if I hadn't had to type it twice. Oh well. I guess I tag Ashley and Jessica as a thank you for saying HI. It was fun to peak in on you guys since I never get to see you! Cute Baby Ashley!
I think I better post this quick before I loose it again!
Thursday, February 21, 2008
I have to say, I am alittle disappointed at the outcome of this Look-alike-meter. I always knew the boys looked like Blake, but I always thought Emily looked alittle like me. According to this that isn't the case. Oh well, good thing I married someone as handsome as Blake.