Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Take Me Out To The Ball Game....

Another activity that has been taking up a big chunk of our evenings has been T-ball for Jack (and Pitching machine for Emily). He is still a little goofy in the outfield, but I have to remind myself how much progress we have made since last season (we were so excited by the end of last season that he learned to run to first base, and not after the ball he had just hit off the T). Here he is with the ball he actually caught in practice.
Jack's great swing!
Running to first base. He didn't even chase the ball first!!!
Sam's newest thing is running. Not to anywhere, or for anything, just running! I wish I had taken my camera on our Sunday walk around the neighborhood. He practically ran the entire way (a 1/2 mile loop). So while Jack's game was going, Sam ran back and forth to the trees.

Here's Emily, not wanting to miss out on this fun "game" Sam thought of. I wish it was this easy to entertain them at home.

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

That's funny that your kids kept running back and forth for no reason... what a great activity to wear them out before bedtime! I have some friends who made their kids run up and down the stairs to get all their energy out. Just a random connection... ;)

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I can't even remember the last time I even saw you! Maybe this summer we'll run in to eachother at the cabin. :)

**nicke... said...

have sam come to my house... we have lots and lots and lots of trees he can run to. also, we are spraying our apple trees this weekend. i hope we have some delicious apples to share later in the summer...